- The New Balance Run On Singapore ("NB Run On SG") 2016 is owned by New Balance Singapore (referred to herein as the "Owner") and organised by Imagine+ Pte Ltd. ("IMAGINE+") in accordance with these Rules and Regulations (the "R&Rs") and all the terms and conditions (the "T&Cs") applicable to the Participants, which can be found at nbrunon.sg (the "Official Website").
- Completion of the online registration form confirms the Participant's agreement to abide by these R&Rs.
- Registration for the race is only confirmed upon payment and issuance of a race identification number.
- The Participant agrees to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant contained in the registration form (the "Personal Information"); (ii) maintain the security of the Participant's password and identification; and (iii) maintain and promptly update the Personal Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. IMAGINE+ may contact the Participant from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with IMAGINE+ shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
- If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if IMAGINE+ has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, IMAGINE+ may suspend or terminate the Participant's registration and refuse any and all future use of the Official Website (or any parts thereof).
- No changes to registration details once registration is completed. (exemption would only be made for crucial details, e.g. Emergency contact person).
- IMAGINE+ reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these R&Rs and/or T&Cs from time to time as they deem fit. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, IMAGINE+ shall be the authority to interpret and in so doing, IMAGINE+ will take into account the interests of all the affected Participants. Any amendments to these R&Rs and/or T&Cs will be updated on the Official Website.
- The Owner and/or IMAGINE+ reserve the right to cancel the NB Run On SG 2016 at any time without prior notice to the Participant, in which case they will make reasonable effort to inform the Participant prior to the date of the event. If the NB Run On SG 2016 is cancelled, there shall be no refund of fees paid. The Owner, IMAGINE+, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- IMAGINE+ reserves the right to amend the NB Run On SG 2016 race routes as they deem fit for the safety of the Participant and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event, at any time without prior notice to the Participant. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participant prior to the day / date of the event. The Owner, IMAGINE+, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- Whilst reasonable precaution will be taken by IMAGINE+ to ensure the Participants' safety, the Participant takes part in NB Run On SG 2016 at his or her own risk. To the fullest expense permissible by applicable law, the Owner, IMAGINE+, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in NB Run On SG 2016. The Participant is strongly encouraged to consult his or her medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
- A Participant must retire from the race immediately if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, race director, referee and/or security officer.
- The form on the reverse side of the Participant's race bib must be fully and accurately completed. Participants must attach the assigned bib on the front of their running attire. Participants not wearing a bib will be taken off the race route by security officers or route marshals.
- Participants may be required to start from different start pens based on their estimated time of completion.
- The race route will be closed to traffic for the duration of the race, up to two hours from the first flag off. Beyond the two-hour cut off mark, the roads will be re-opened to live traffic. More details will be available on the Official Website.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the race route. Only official race and medical vehicles are allowed on the race route.
- IMAGINE+ reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records (including those displaying the Participant) of the NB Run On SG 2016, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
- IMAGINE+ reserves the right to limit and/or refuse race entries without assigning any reason.
- IMAGINE+ reserves the right to cancel any race category without prior notice to the Participants.
- IMAGINE+ will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
- After registration, there will be no fee refund for a Participant who does not eventually take part in NB Run On SG 2016, for any reason whatsoever.
- A Participant is strictly not allowed to transfer his or her race entry to another party.
- Change of race categories are not allowed once registration is confirmed.
- Any Participant who commences before the actual start time of the race category for which he or she is registered will be disqualified. The start time for the respective race categories can be found on the Official Website.
- A Participant who does not start within 30 minutes from NB Run On SG 2016 flag off point will be disqualified and, for safety reasons, may not be allowed to start.
- A Participant must be 15 years and above at the year of the race to participate in the NB Run On SG 2016.
- Any Participant below the age of 18 (at the year of the race) is required to seek parental/guardian consent and complete the relevant indemnity and declaration forms when registering online or in-person, failing which IMAGINE+ reserves the right to refuse entry to that Participant.
- IMAGINE+ will not be responsible for any loss and/or damage, personal or otherwise, to the belongings and items deposited at the event baggage storage facility. IMAGINE+ also reserves the right to open and examine any item or baggage deposited for security purpose.
Cut-off Time and DNF (Did Not Finish)
- For Participants who are unlikely to finish the race within two hours from the first flag off, race officials will divert the aforesaid Participants, at designated diversion points along the race route, to a shorter race route towards the finish gantry. For their own safety and to avoid being caught in between live traffic, Participants must obey as instructed, or else they will be pulled off the race course immediately.
- Finisher's medals will NOT be issued to the aforesaid Participants.
- Race timings will still be issued to the aforesaid Participants ("Did Not Finish" would be indicated in the timing issued).
Participants can choose to participate either as an individual or as part of a team. The race categories for individual and team participation are as follows:
- The Trackster School Challenge
- The NBx Club Challenge
- The Vazee Open Challenge
The rules for the team categories:
- Each team will consist of 4 team members; it can contain all-female, all-male, or a mixed group of members.
- All team members will run the same route, and the team members' total timings will be taken.
- Each team's members must come from the same school/ club/ organisation.
- 15 – 19 years old
- 20 – 29 years old
- 30 – 39 years old
- 40 – 49 years old
- 50 years old and above
- Each Participant is allowed only one prize-money award.
- Team category participants are only allowed to claim award for the team prizes.
- IMAGINE+ reserves the right to replace any winner if he or she is found to be disqualified.
- All prizes not claimed within one (1) month from 24 October 2016 will be forfeited and IMAGINE+ will be at liberty to redistribute or dispose of them accordingly.
- Prizes must be taken, in the forms as presented by IMAGINE+. They are not transferable or exchangeable for cash and are subjected to the R&Rs and/or T&Cs as determined by IMAGINE+.
- The "Gun Time" will be considered to determine the winners for all categories.
- The individual categories eligible for individual prizes are:
- 15 – 19 years old – Male
- 15 – 19 years old – Female
- 20 – 29 years old – Male
- 20 – 29 years old – Female
- 30 – 39 years old – Male
- 30 - 39 years old – Female
- 40 – 49 years old – Male
- 40 – 49 years old – Female
- 50 years old and above – Male
- 50 years old and above – Female
- The team categories eligible for team prizes are:
- Top Trackster School Challenge – Male team
- Top Trackster School Challenge – Female team
- Top Trackster School Challenge – Mixed team
- Top NBx Club Challenge – Male team
- Top NBx Club Challenge – Female team
- Top NBx Club Challenge – Mixed team
- Top Vazee Open Challenge – Male team
- Top Vazee Open Challenge – Female team
- Top Vazee Open Challenge – Mixed team
- Team category timings are based on total time of all 4 participants.
- For prize winners or possible prize winners, appeals of disputes must be made on-site in person, in a written format with an appeal fee of SGD$50, within 15 minutes of the published results on the results notice board on-site or immediately after the prize presentation, whichever is earlier.
- For all other Participants, appeals over disputes regarding the results must be submitted in a written format via electronic mail with an appeal fee of SGD$50, within 7 days of race day. IMAGINE+ reserves the right not to entertain any appeals after 31 August 2016. Please send your appeal letter to: email@example.com, and cheque made payable to: Imagine+ Pte Ltd.
Race Entry Pack Collection
- All Participants must collect their race entry pack (the "Race Entry Pack") which includes the race bib, timing device, Event T-shirt/Singlet, and other novelties at the Race Entry Pack Collection location ("REPC") during the collection period ("Collection Period"), of which details will be stated on the Official Website. If Participants are unable to collect their Race Entry Pack in person, they may empower a duly authorised representative in accordance with the procedure detailed on the Official Website.
- Late collection will not be entertained and IMAGINE+ shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused, due to Participants' inability to collect their Race Entry Pack. For avoidance of doubt, IMAGINE+ is not obliged to extend the collection period or to ensure that a Participant receives his or her their Race Entry Pack. At all times, it is the responsibility of the Participant to collect his or her Race Entry Pack during the Collection Period. Race Entry Packs not collected during the Collection Period will be deemed to be unwanted, and IMAGINE+ shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly.
- All Participants who successfully complete the race in his or her chosen race category will be awarded a Finisher's Item upon the presentation of his or her race bib to the respective officials.
- All participants' Finisher's Item is to be collected on the race day. No requests thereafter will be entertained.